Comparing someone or something with someone or something made easy.
Many times you find yourself in a situation that you can’t handle. For example life can be as hard as a rock. However, for some people it’s as easy as abc.
Here we have seen how you can play with similes to sound more descriptive as you compare.
A simile is a phrase showing similarities between two different things. A simile shows resemblance or similarity of two things in comparison.
**Similies are used to compare the two things or people **
- The striker ran as fast as a cheetah.
- He is as tall as a giraffe.
- He was as cunning as the fox.
- She is as innocent as a lamb.
- She was as fierce as a tiger.
- Hmm it’s as sweet as sugar.
- Used in writing to add emphasis.
- It’s used figuratively by writers, poets, musicians, singers etc.
- It’s used by speakers to make the speech entertaining, natural and more descriptive.
Don’t confuse similes with metaphors.
A metaphor is a word or phrase used to refer to another thing in order to show or suggest that they are similar.
E.g He is a god.
Read more about similes, learn some and start using them. You will sound fluent.
Do you know any funny similies?