Below are some popular ‘‘Go’’ phrasal verbs you need to be aware of
To try catch someone or something. To try to achieve something.
If you have a dream go after it.
Meaning: To oppose or rebel and unfavourable
- The people went against the new laws.
- The movie was against my culture.
Meaning: To share with others.
We have enough vaccines to go around.
Meaning: To cooperate or work together.
I will go along with that seems a good idea.
Meaning: To leave a place, travel and disappear
- Could you please go away from here, it’s out of bounds./Leave
- We are going away this summer./Travel
- The spots on my face went away./disappeared
Meaning: To pass by and called
- This pandemic will also go by.
- I go by the names of Simba.
Meaning: To proceed or continue.
Please go ahead you are doing just fine.
Meaning: Decrease, come from up to a lower position, remembered, stop working
- The prices are going down./Decrease
- Can you please come down?
- This year will go down as the worst in our civilization./Remembered
- The internet has gone down/Stopped working
Meaning: Try/attempt something, accept something
- I will go for it tomorrow, maybe she will accept they invitation.
- I hope to will go for it./accept it.
Go for it
I will for it, seems good
Meaning: Enter into a place.
Please go in.
Meaning: Get involved.
I wouldn’t like to go into that, it’s so politically motivated.
Meaning: To explode or fire.
- The bomb went off yesterday.
- The gun went off as they fought.
Meaning: Leave a place, turn off, out of fashion, go on a date as in love
- Can we go out tonight?
- Let’s go out of this place, it’s so noisy.
- These jeans went out of fashion years back.
Meaning: continue, proceed, happening
- Please go on, we are listening.
- This problem has been going on for quite so long.
Meaning: To suffer, look into something, travel through, progress
- We are going through tough times.
- Let me go through your project and see.
- Our bus went through the think forest.
- Our team has gone through to the semi finals.
Meaning: Rise, build
The prices are going up.
The build is going up quickly.
Meaning: to match, accept a suggestion
That dress doesn’t go with the shoes.
I will go with that option.
I will go to school later.