Cloud Computing English you need to know | Contextualised English

What is Cloud Computing
Cloud computing involves operations of computer resources over the internet, services such as, server hardware, cloud storage, networking, databases, software, and security.

Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources while reducing costs of running business

Businesses and customers use the cloud for different reasons as presented here,

1. Reliability
  2. Scalability
  3. Security
  4. Performance
  5. Cost
  6. Storage Resources
  7. Availability

Types of Services that run on the cloud

1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
With this type of cloud model, the clients rent servers, physical machines, virtual machines (VMs), storage, networks, operating systems etc

2. Serverless Computing
This cloud model focuses on building app functionality without spending time continually managing the servers and infrastructure required to do so.

3. Platform as a service (PaaS),
Under this cloud model the customer or business subscribes for; on-demand environment for developing, delivering, testing and managing applications.

4. Software as a service (SaaS)
This model Involves delivering software over the Internet, on demand Customers subscribe for the software they need. The operator manages the software application, infrastructure plus maintenance, like software installation, upgrades and any new security upgrades and patching.

5. Function as a service (FaaS)
This cloud model provides a platform for customers to develop, run, and manage applications. In summary it allows a business to execute code in response to events without any worry of management of the infrastructure.

I just covered the surface your can do more reading about this topic to have more knowledge.
Other Terms you need to know

1. Cloud computing providers
  2. Cloud platforms
  3. Cloud collaboration
  4. Cloud computing security
  5. Cloud management
  6. Cloud research
  7. Cloud robotics
  8. Cloud storage
  9. Clustered file system
  10. Distributed file system
  11. Distributed data store
  12. Distributed file system for cloud
  13. Edge computing
  14. eScience
  15. Microservices
  16. Mobile cloud computing
  17. Personal cloud
  18. Public Cloud
  19. Service-oriented architecture
  20. Time-sharing

With the above, I hope you have a big picture of how Cloud Computing works and you won’t be lost in the jargon.
Go save money, optimize and be creative.

1 Like

I run Englishacked.com on Google Cloud to save money, be efficient and for better optimization and I highly recommend it to any business that wants to be ahead. This has helped me to concentrate on what I do best; teaching
Ronny
Englishacked
Co-Founder

1 Like